Saturday, January 8, 2011

Calendar Changeover


Each year, when I get a new calendar, I take down the old one and go month by month filling in important dates.  If I have a datebook, I'll add them to that too.  This year it was difficult for me to do.  I didn't want to look at January, but it is already a week into January and I have things I need to be filling in.   Instead of starting in January I started in December and worked my way back.  When I got to January I accepted that my friend Tracy really has been gone for almost a year, and that it's been 2 years since Danielle was killed in that tragic car accident.  Aunt Carol and Grandpa Roy have been gone 3 years now.  January is not a bad month... I used to look forward to it... but now I wonder who it will be this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Now that we are in the summer I can safely say that we didn't lose anybody in January 2011. It's the first year since we moved up to WA that we haven't had to go down to CA for a funeral. Thank you Lord for being merciful to us this year. <3

    ReplyDelete